Gynecomastia is a condition that affects males of all age groups. And the most effective procedure to resolve this condition is surgery. But when the term gynaecomastia surgery comes to light, most men don’t know that there are different types of surgical procedures available for treatment of gynecomastia.
As gynecomastia is a medical condition that causes breast tissues to grow in males, it needs specific treatment. Sometimes, the condition resolves when the patient stops taking the medicines. In other situations, when gynecomastia is caused due to some underlying condition, surgical treatment will be required.
So today, we will not only go through the different types of gynecomastia surgery types but also discuss the cost of surgery.
What are the types of Gynecomastia surgery?
The two plausible male breast reduction techniques are liposuction and excision surgery. Both these procedures involve breaking down the glandular tissues and extracting them safely. The primary goal of these surgical procedures is to provide a flat, firm chest with perfect body contour.
Appropriate for the moderate size of breasts, the liposuction technique is a safe, effective, and painless procedure. It can be performed under local or general anesthesia. The cannula is inserted into the affected area through an incision made at the areola. As there are various types of liposuction too, the surgeons use the safest technique according to the specific requirements of the patient.
2. Excision Surgery
This is another type of surgery that is commonly used for the treatment of gynecomastia. Similar to liposuction, a small incision is made around the areola and the breast tissues are removed carefully through that incision.
3. Combination of Liposuction and Excision Surgery
Some surgeons utilize the combination of both techniques for minimally invasive and less painful surgery. By combining the two techniques, the surgery becomes less complicated and the breast tissue removal can be done without any hassle. At first, the fat tissues surrounding the chest are removed, and then the cannula is used to extract the glandular tissues. Then the incision is closed without any stitches.
If you want to opt for the combination of liposuction and excision surgery for gynecomastia treatment, get in touch with Pristyn Care today. We have experienced surgeons who are well-trained in performing both procedures.
What is the cost of gynecomastia treatment in India?
Gynecomastia surgery is a major procedure that has several risks and complications associated with it. Furthermore, there are other factors that impact the cost of gynecomastia treatment in India. Some of the most common factors are given below:
- The location of the clinic plays a huge role in determining the cost as the cost of living and medical services vary according to the geographic location.
- The doctor’s fee includes the amount they charge for consultation and the amount they take for performing the surgery. The more experienced a surgeon is, the higher will be the cost of consultation and surgery.
- Choice of the hospital, admission charges, bed charges, discharge expenses, etc. comes under hospital-related cost. The more advanced the hospital services are, the more they are likely to charge for medical care.
- The type of anesthesia used for surgery will also cause fluctuation in the cost. Both local and general anesthesia have different rates, which means that whatever type of anesthesia suits you, the price will be different for each.
- The nature and extent of surgery are also significant in the cost. If the breast reduction surgery is minor, then the cost will be less. If the size of the breasts is large and the surgery is major, then the cost will increase.
- Risks and complications associated with the procedure also impact the cost. A complicated procedure will cost you more than a simple one.
Apart from these costs, there are other things such as travel expenses, diagnostic tests, pre, and post-surgery medications, etc. which are minor but also contribute to the overall cost of gynecomastia treatment.
City-Wise Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery in India
Here is the list of the cost of gynaecomastia surgery in different cities of India.
Note: This is just an estimated price. You can get in touch with Pristyn Care to find the cost of gynecomastia surgery in the respective city.
Gynecomastia Starting Cost
|Delhi||INR 50,000||INR 140000|
|Chennai||INR 62000||INR 160000|
|Mumbai||INR 54000||INR 120000|
|Hyderabad||INR 66000||INR 115000|
|Bangalore||INR 65000||INR 145000|
|Gurgaon||INR 57000||INR 136000|
|Kolkata||INR 59000||INR 132000|
|Pune||INR 61000||INR 138000|
The Bottom Line
Gynecomastia surgery is now performed through advanced procedures. So, you can rely on the modern practices and the skills of Pristyn Care surgeons to cure gynaecomastia permanently. Get in touch with our doctors and book a consultation with them to explore your treatment options. And our representatives will guide you throughout the treatment and provide you an exact estimate of the surgery in your city.
*Disclaimer: The Cost mentioned in this blog is what Pristyn Care charges as per the City and Treatment and this cost may vary as well depending on the other factors which increase and decrease the cost. The market cost of the treatment may vary depending upon the healthcare service provider and the functional city.