Anal fissure is a tear or cuts in the lining of the anus or mucosa with due to abrasion, trauma or injury. If you know the anatomy of the rectum, you will know how anal fissure occurs. Sometimes, there is mild pain and itching and sometimes the pain is unbearable that every time one passes stool, it hurts, even lasts for several hours after passing stool. Also, for some, homeopathy treatment for anal fissure proves to be very effective while for others there is no evident change.
There are a lot of people who avoid bowel movements due to fear of pain which further leads to hardening of the stool. Thus, it has a great impact on the quality of daily life. Let us see how Homeopathic treatment for anal fissure help people improve the overall condition.
Homeopathic medicines for anal fissure
The Homeopathic medicines for anal fissure include Graphites, Ratanhia, Nitric acid, Paeonia, Sulphur, Silicia, Natrum Muriaticum, etc. You must consult a homeopathic doctor before taking them. Here is the list of medicines:
- Graphites: It is one of the best Homeopathic medicines for anal fissures. This medicine is usually recommended to patients who are obese, overweight, or facing constipation problems. When the stool is really hard and knotty, this medicine helps in treating the condition along with soreness.
- Nitric Acid: There is a sharp pain in the anal or rectal region. The person with anal fissure may also feal tear in the rectum and discharge. which may even extend to the urine, stool and even perspiration. Despite the stool being soft or suffering from diarrhea, one has to strain to pass the stool.
- Ratanhia: It is another Homeopathic medicine to treat anal fissures. This medicine helps in treating pain during anal fissure.
- Paeonia: This homeopathic medicine is mostly to treat the discharge that occurs during anal fissure. The patient feels internal chilliness in the rectal region after using this medicine.
- Aesculus: This Homeopathic medicine treats the dryness, aching and soreness due to anal fissure. Even burning sensation, itching and throbbing pain in anus after passing stool are taken care of.
- Causticum: Causticum is for anal fissure which tends to dry up, have a dark-brown or purple edges. This can also be prescribed by a Homeopathy doctor when there is bleeding from anus while walking.
- Ignatia: It is a homeopathic medicine for fissure and piles. When the pain shoots upwards after passing stool after rectal prolapse, this helps in reducing the pain.
Other lifestyle changes to support homeopathic remedy for anal fissure
Along with proper medication, some supportive measures help in overall recovery from the anal fissure. They are:
- Eat a fiber-rich healthy diet. Constipation, being the underlying cause, fiber-rich diet is important. Thus, eat more fruits, green vegetables, cereals, whole grains, etc. Avoid oily food, bakery products, alcohol, caffeine. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to prevent constipation.
- Laxatives can be addictive sometimes. When you use a laxative for a long time and suddenly you stop using them, it may lead to more severe constipation.
- Sitz bath can do wonders. It can help relieve pain and encourage healing. (Also read: How to Take Sitz Bath)
- Regular exercise can also prevent constipation further improving the anal fissure.
- Use the washroom whenever you feel the urge of passing stools. Avoiding this visit may result in hard and large stools and cause injury to the anal mucosa.
- Keep the anal area clean and dry to avoid any kind of anal infection.
What are the chances of recovery in Homeopathy treatment for fissure?
Homeopathy remedy for anal fissure can be helpful in treating mild and initial stages of fissure. If one is suffering from anal fissure from the last few years, it completely depends on the condition if Homeopathy can treat fissure. Homeopathic treatment does not respond to severe fissure cases. You might need surgery to treat anal fissure. Therefore, consult a doctor without fail.
What actually happens in anal fissure?
In anal fissure, there is a tear in the anal mucosa that causes extreme pain leading to anal sphincter increasing the pressure on it. Thus, the blood flow in the affected area decreases which further aggravates the anal fissure wound. It becomes a vicious circle as again while passing stool leads to more pain and anal spasm. The cycle continues if anal fissure is left untreated.
Also read: Difference between Piles and Fissure
What are the symptoms of anal fissure?
The symptoms of anal fissure are:
- Pain during bowel movements
- Pain after bowel movements, lasting up to hours
- Visible tear in the skin around the anus
- Burning, itching or swelling in the anal area
- A visible lump or skin tag next to the tear
- Pus or discharge from the anal region
- Blood in stool
Prevalence of fissure
Anal fissure can occur at any age and affect both men and women equally.
What causes fissure?
These are the factors that lead to tear in the anal mucosa:
- Constipation: Reasons for constipation can be chronic constipation, constipation due to medicines, pregnancy constipation or habitual constipation. It leads to straining during bowel movements.
- Diarrhea: This is very common in children. Passing bulky stool quickly can lead to abrasion of anal mucosa resulting in anal fissure.
- Multiple pregnancies: Straining during labor can lead to anal fissure.
- Underlying diseases: Fissure can be a result of underlying diseases such as Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), sexually transmitted disease, tuberculosis, cancer.
Along with Homeopathic treatment for anal fissure, there are treatments such as yoga, exercises and home remedies that you can do if your doctor suggests. But, consult a general physician if none of the treatments work or if the fissure is severe. You can also consult online with our doctors to know more about the treatment.
Also read: How to Cure fissure permanently
Also read: Tips to prevent Anal Fissure