There are various liposuction techniques that the doctors can employ during the procedure.
- Tumescent liposuction- In this technique, the doctor first pumps saline solution with some chemicals below the fatty area to be reduced.
- Dry liposuction- The doctor simply suctions out the fat without any injecting any fluids.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction- After making the incisions, the cannula is energized with ultrasound that helps to break down the fat. This method makes it easier for the fat to suction out.
- Power-assisted liposuction- With the help of a specialized cannula, the surgeon drains excess fat from the body.
- Laser-Assisted Lipolysis- Through the cannula, a small tube is inserted through which laser energy is emitted. This heats the fat under the skin and removes fat easily.
- VASER technique- The VASER or the Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance technique relies on the ultrasound waves to break the stubborn fat cells.