Health complications are increasing day by day. Considering, our food habits and lifestyle are the main causes of deteriorating health conditions.
For instance, one such health complication is varicose veins. Varicose veins are swollen veins in the legs which may or may not be painful and discomforting. Obesity, pregnancy, long hours of sitting are the major risk factors for varicose veins. These veins may or may not retain their original color. The valves that control the movement of blood stops functioning properly. Therefore, blood flow towards the heart becomes difficult due to gravity. This results in clogging of the blood in the veins and ultimately, varicose veins develop.
(Also Read: Stages of varicose veins).
People look for various solutions to cure varicose veins. Most importantly, there are several ayurvedic treatments for varicose veins, natural home remedies, or even laser treatment. The truth is, you can try the ayurvedic treatment of varicose veins to get fast relief from the symptoms.
Varicose Veins- Ayurvedic Treatment
- Have more citrus fruits like Amla that revitalizes the fatigue and varicose veins.
- Avoid red meat and spicy food as it worsen the inflammation of varicose veins.
- Do not indulge in rigorous exercises as it can be harmful to varicose veins.
- Sleep properly to rejuvenate and relax both the body and mind.
- Include fresh fruits, whole grains, and proteins in your diet (Also Read: 8 Foods For Varicose Veins Patients )
- Drink plenty of fluids as dehydration can aggravate the symptoms of varicose veins.
(Also Read: Foods to cure varicose veins)
Ayurvedic Herbs for Varicose Veins
Several ayurvedic herbs can be used to cure varicose veins. Actually, to maintain a balance between Vata (wind and space), rakht (blood) and pitta (heat), the following herbs have been proven to be very effective.
Firstly, one of the best Ayurvedic treatments for varicose veins is an indigenous herb, Brahmi. Brahmi provides necessary nutrients for proper toning of the veins and makes them less tortuous.
Brahmi is consumed with some mineral supplements like Jasad Bhasma to cure varicose veins. It has three advantages:
- A rich source of zinc. Zinc effectively helps in curing the itchiness of the varicose veins.
- Prevents blood clotting through the formation of collagen. Blood clots are a major complication due to varicose veins.
- Brahmi also helps in the concentration of vitamin E in the blood.
According to Ayurvedic treatment for varicose veins, garlic plays an important role. For instance, garlic breaks down and distributes the protein evenly throughout the body. Garlic also proactively reduces the inflammation and swelling of the varicose veins. Therefore, this remedy works wonder in curing varicose veins.
Similar to garlic, this also prevents varicose veins by breaking and distributing protein content in the body. Also, ginger boosts the circulation and prevents pooling of blood in the veins. Thus, ginger minimizes the chances of forming blood clots in the swollen veins.
Also, several Ayurvedic medicines treat varicose veins effectively. So, we are listing the same here:
- Kaishore Guggulu: In addition to being a blood cleanser, it promotes aging skin health. Moreover, Kaishore Guggulu supports dietary herbal supplement in many health conditions such as diabetes, skin diseases, etc.
- Sarivadyasava: It’s a natural blood detox product and ofcourse an amazing remedy for varicose veins. Sarivadyasava provides treatment of gout and related skin infections.
- Triphala: It is a miraculous herbal treatment for varicose veins. It is beneficial in the detoxification of blood. Triphala provides strength to the muscles and resolves obstruction in the veins and arteries channel.
- Chirabilvadi Kashaya: It helps relieve bloating, improves digestion power. Moreover, Chirabilvadi Kashaya reduces the burning sensation in the case of varicose veins, hemorrhoids, fistula, etc.
- Sahacharadi: It is an amazing herbal oil that provides great relief. Tender application of Sahacharadi herbal oil over the affected area can be soothing and work wonders.
Furthermore, you can also consume ayurvedic herbs like Ashwagandha, Shatavari apart from Brahmi to improve your condition. These herbs also have been proven to be very effective for varicose veins.
Also Read: How to Use Tomatoes to Treat Varicose Veins?
Patanjali Treatment for Varicose Veins-
Varicose veins develop due to the pooling of blood in the veins of the legs or ankles. According to Patanjali Ayurvedic treatment, you can practice some asanas to promote proper blood circulation throughout the body. The yoga poses for varicose veins patients should mainly include leg elevating poses.
Some of the effective yoga poses for varicose veins are mentioned below-
- Uttanasana or Standing Forward Bend
- Navasana or Boat Pose
- Matsyasana or Fish Pose
- Viparti Karini or Inverted Pose
- Pawanmuktasana or Wind Relieving Pose
In conclusion, practicing yoga asanas or exercises that include laying on your back, elevating the legs encourages the regulation of blood throughout the body. Such exercises bring fast symptomatic relief from varicose veins. However, these treatments may take time to show results. Professionals who have to sit or stand for long are more to developing varicose veins.
People who are short of time can opt for varicose veins laser treatment. It is a minimally invasive treatment performed on an outpatient basis. Moreover, you can get back to work after 24-48 hours. You can consult with the best doctors at Pristyn Care for varicose veins treatment. A proper diagnosis can put things into perspective. Hence, you can undergo the most suitable cure for varicose veins.
*Disclaimer: The content is written and reviewed as per the expertise and knowledge of the author and reviewer. For a final call related to ailment, we highly recommend people to Consult with a Specialized Doctor and take necessary decisions as per the Doctor’s suggestions.