Health complications are increasing day by day. Considering, our food habits and lifestyle are the main causes of deteriorating health conditions. For instance, one such health complication is Varicose veins. People look for various solutions to cure varicose veins. Most importantly, there are several ayurvedic treatments for varicose veins, natural home remedies or even laser treatment.
Varicose veins are swollen veins in the legs which are usually painful. They may or may not retain their original color. The valves that control the movement of blood stops functioning properly. Therefore, blood flow towards the heart becomes difficult due to gravity. This results in clogging of the blood in the veins and ultimately, these veins develop. To sum up, this results in clogging, dilation and enlargement of veins. The truth is, you can try the ayurvedic treatment of varicose veins to get relief from the symptoms.
Also read: Achalasia Disorders, Its Causes & Symptoms
Varicose Veins- Ayurvedic Treatment
- Citrus fruits like Amla that revitalizes the fatigue and varicose veins
- Avoid red meat and spicy food
- Do not indulge in rigorous exercises as it can be harmful to varicose veins
- Sleep properly to rejuvenate and relax both the body and mind
- Include fresh fruits, whole grains, and proteins in your diet
- Drink plenty of fluids
Ayurvedic Herbs for Varicose Veins
Several ayurvedic herbs can be used to cure varicose veins. Actually, to maintain a balance between Vata (wind and space), rakht (blood) and pitta (heat), the following herbs have been proven to be very effective.
Firstly, one of the best Ayurvedic treatments for varicose veins is an indigenous herb, Brahmi. It provides necessary nutrients for proper toning of the veins and makes them less tortuous. This is consumed with some mineral supplements like Jasad Bhasma. It has three advantages:
- A rich source of zinc
- Prevents blood clotting through the formation of collagen
- Help in the concentration of vitamin E in the blood
According to Ayurvedic treatment for varicose veins, garlic plays an important role. For instance, garlic breaks down and distributes the protein evenly throughout the body. Therefore, this remedy prevents varicose veins.
Similar to garlic, this also prevents varicose veins by breaking and distributing protein content in the body.
Also, several Ayurvedic medicines treat varicose veins effectively. So, we are listing the same here:
- Kishora Guggulu: In addition to being a blood cleanser, it promotes aging skin health. Moreover, it supports dietary herbal supplement in many health conditions such as diabetes, skin diseases, etc.
- Sarivadyasava: Its a natural blood detox product. This provides treatment of gout and related skin infections.
- Triphala: It is a miraculous herbal treatment for varicose veins. It is beneficial in the detoxification of blood. It provides strength to the muscles and resolves obstruction in the veins and arteries channel.
- Chirabilvadi Kashaya: It helps relieve bloating, improves digestion power. Moreover, it reduces the burning sensation in the case of hemorrhoids, fistula, etc.
- Sahacharadi: It is an amazing herbal oil that provides great relief from pain. Tender application of this herbal oil over the affected area can be soothing and work wonders.
Furthermore, you can also consume herbs like Ashwagandha, Shatavari apart from Brahmi. These also have been proven to be very effective for varicose veins.
Patanjali Treatment for Varicose Veins-
Varicose veins develop due to the pooling of blood in the veins of the legs or ankles. According to Patanjali Ayurvedic treatment, you can practice some asanas to promote proper blood circulation throughout the body. The poses you practice should mainly include leg elevating poses. Some of them are mentioned below-
- Navasana or Boat Pose
- Matsyasana or Fish Pose
- Viparti Karini or Inverted Pose
- Pawanmuktasana or Wind Relieving Pose
In conclusion, practicing yoga asanas or exercises that include laying on your back, elevating the legs encourages the regulation of blood throughout the body. However, these treatments may take time to show results. Professionals who have to sit or stand for long are more to developing varicose veins. People who are short of time can opt for varicose veins laser treatment. There are no cuts, no pain, and no wounds. Moreover, you can get back to work after 24-48 hours. You can consult with the best doctors for varicose veins. A proper diagnosis can put things into perspective. Hence, you can undergo the most suitable cure for varicose veins.